For community-based events, sometimes it makes sense to accept session submissions. While Emamo doesn't have this functionality built-in, you can use our Google Form templates to make accepting this data and importing it into Emamo simple.
1) Click below to copy the Google Form template to your own Google Drive. This is the form you will share with folks.
2) Click below to copy the Google Sheet template to your own Google Drive. This is the spreadsheet that answers will go into.
3) Link the Google Sheet to the Google Form
Under the "Responses" tab, click the green Sheets icon. Then choose "Select existing spreadsheet" and select the spreadsheet you just copied.
This will automatically open the spreadsheet in a new tab.
4) Now it's time to activate the formulas that help automate your data into Emamo's required format.
In your newly linked Google Sheet, select the "Emamo Template" tab at the bottom of the screen and follow these steps:
• Select "Find and replace" from the Edit menu.
• Enter = in both the 'Find' box and the 'Replace with' box.
• Select the "Also search within formulas" box.
• Finally click "Replace all."
This won't actually change anything in your spreadsheet but it's required to activate the formula references. You'll know it was successful if all of the instances of #REF! disappear.
5) Share your form.
You can find the public link to share your form by clicking the "Send" button in the top right. Try filling it out once.
6) Download your Schedule spreadsheet template from the Emamo control panel and open in Microsoft Excel.
7) When you're ready to import submissions, copy all of the rows you want from the Google Sheet and paste them into your Emamo Spreadsheet in Excel.
8) Import into Emamo. We recommend setting a green background color on sessions in your Google Forms that have already been imported into Emamo. That way it will be easier to tell new submissions from ones you've already imported.